Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday thoughts

1. Today is Wednesday. And that means only one more day 'til the weekend for the Greenhills. This makes me ridiculously happy!

2. I can't stop thinking about Haiti. My college roommate and friend Heather mentioned this same thing in her blog. I don't even know how to pray for the people there. When I heard today about the aftershock, I wanted to cry all over again. These precious people who were already living on $1 or less per day, are reliving their nightmare or have joined the ranks of those with nothing. We sponsor two Compassion children, one of whom lives in Haiti. From what we can tell, he is far away from the epicenter and major damage. However, 63,000 other Compassion children are also living in Haiti. What a scary time for sweet children who don't even really understand what's going on... Thank you, Lord, that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us in prayer- especially when we are at a loss for words.

3. Stacy's Pita Chips=YUM.

Only thing that might make them better is some hummus. I may or may not have eaten half the bag while writing this post.

4. It was confirmed today that we have been offered a crib, changing table, and 2 (!!) different sets of bedding for our little guy. Sounds nice? There's more. We've also been offered a car seat for Kate, so the little fella can have her infant carrier when he arrives. It gets better than that. It's all free. Because we have precious friends and we serve a faithful God. Hallelujah!

5. Kate tried yogurt today for the first time. And she loved it. She is so like her mama. I cannot believe that my sweet ladybug is almost 9 months. How can this be?? She'll be going to college tomorrow, I'm afraid! Speaking of my precious girl, check out this beautiful face!

6. Time to clean a few toilets and sinks before a little someone is finished napping. Have a great day!


http://jonandmollie.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words about Stacy's. I am the leader of the Stacy's company and it always thrills me to hear positive comments about our brand.

    With regard to hummus, may I suggest Sabra. It is a great product that goes very well with our pita chips.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete