Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Better late than never!

Our sweet little Drew is 8 weeks old today! Where did time go? I've had a hard time with the reality of his age because I was recovering for so long. Therefore, I feel like time really started once I was able to be Mom again. He seems so young to me! His 2 month appointment is scheduled for next week and I haven't even updated on his 1 month stats! Here are some stats and what our little man is up to these days!

Weight at 5 days: 7 lb. 8 oz.
Weight at 1 month: 10 lb.

Height at 5 days: 19 3/4 in
Height at 1 month: 21 1/2 in.

He lines up in the 50th percentile for everything, but his actions seem to indicate otherwise! He has been trying to hold up his head since the first week we were home, and it's only gotten stronger! His arms are super strong too, and he practically does push ups! He pushes up with his legs and they are strong enough to hurt your gut when he's in your lap! Drew is a mover. His legs are constantly kicking and moving around when he's awake, and I can now see what it was that he was doing in my belly! His moves haven't changed much! He is super alert and loves to smile. He is frequently plagued by hiccups, which drive him mad! He has huge blue eyes, just like his big sister and he is pretty accustomed to her abuse love at this point. Bath time is a huge hit, which is good and necessary after we have our quality time together outside. After Kate goes down for her afternoon nap, Drew and I often stand on the front porch and listen to the outdoor noises together. Then he's ready to snuggle down for his afternoon nap! In general, Drew is just a really sweet boy. He loves to cuddle and he is certainly not hungering for attention!

A few more recent pics of my little man:


Chillin' with Gram while Kate plays in the play area



Relaxin' pool side



At Cousin Shannon's wedding reception in Colorado


http://jonandmollie.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment