Monday, November 14, 2005

A New House


So this is where we start, at least this blog. It's the middle of November and Mollie and I are both sitting here on our work issued laptops surfing the internet. I'm also watching the Duke/ Boston basketball game. In between me shouting at the TV and Mollie reminding me of the stupidity of shouting at a TV, my thoughts drift to a particular house. After 8 months of searching and being horribly rejected twice (I know I'm dramatic) we finally started the process of buying a house. It was a period often marked by frustration and annoyance to the point we felt like giving up. So we did. Last Sunday we gave up. We took a week of not looking and continuing praying for guidance. We promised that no matter what we wouldn't look at houses, talk about houses, sneak into people's houses...Or anything. That Monday (Day 1 of House Fast 2005) our realtor sent us an email about a house. Wondering if this was a temptation to break our House Fast 2005 or simply an answered prayer, we set up a viewing for the next Saturday.....Praying everyday of the week. We went with high hopes and a good feeling about this house.....

We show up and the key to the house is no where to be found. We stood around for 20 minutes trying to figure out what happened to the key but no luck.....Talk about doors being slammed. I don't know what that feeling is....Feeling completely rejected again but having the hope and assurance that God is taking care of you. We went to lunch (which didn't taste quite as good) and just chilled for a bit trying to ease our minds and get our thoughts straight and get used to living in an apartment for another 14 years.

Upon returning to the car I noticed I had a voice mail. The agent found the key and showed us the house that afternoon. On Sunday afternoon at 1:30 we signed an offer to send to the owners of the house...And we waited.....

At 2:30 on Sunday afternoon, one week after we decided to go into House Fast 2005 , Our realtor Willson called to tell us the good news.

Hindsight = no matter how frustrated we've been, God has been there with us.... Keeping us from where He didn't want us but preparing us to go where He wanted. And if it's His will, Then January 15, 2006 we can call this particular house our home....

P.S. I'm new to writing blogs so hopefully these will get better as time goes on.....
P.S.S Duke started playing better so I'm not yelling at the T.V. anymore....And my wife is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment